Why you should choose MunkMD Dermatology
- Specializing in both medical and cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Munk is at the forefront of aesthetic medicine, ensuring natural and beautiful results with a focus on patient safety.
- The most current laser technologies available on the market, promising superior results for any given skin concern.
- All treatment plans are individualized and created by Dr. Munk, a board certified dermatologist, who truly understands the dynamics in the skin and can deliver superior solutions that are effective and safe.
- Every consultation includes a comprehensive skin assessment and customized treatment plan tailored to your skin care needs.
- Dr. Munk is an expert at using injectables such as fillers to turn back the clock, tighten and revolumize the skin non-invasively, resulting in a natural and refreshed appearance.
Fractora™ is the most advanced fractionated radiofrequency treatment, leading to an improved skin tone and texture through skin resurfacing. Fractora™ delivers radiofrequency energy to the skin, creating a controlled ablation in order to promote collagen remodeling and tightening and skin cell turnover. This results in a firmer, rejuvenated and brighter looking skin.
Fractora™ can be used to improve fine lines or deep wrinkles, acne scars or discolored red and brown skin tones. The most common areas of treatment are the lower eyelids, smile lines, cheeks, mouth and neck. Prior to treatment, a topical numbing cream is recommended to reduce any associated discomfort. During treatment, the tip will be applied to the skin and a pulse of radiofrequency will pulse into the skin and target the appropriate areas. Treatments are customizable based on the underlying condition treated, and the amount of downtime that is tolerable.
Ablative treatments do remove some skin, as a result there is more downtime than other non-ablative technologies. Patients should expect redness and mild swelling of the treated zone which can persist for 2-4 days. Makeup can be applied 1-2 days after treatment. Depending on the underlying condition, Dr. Munk will suggest between 3-4 sessions, every 6 weeks. Each session will further ablate and resurface the skin, resulting in a reduction of wrinkles, skin laxity, textural irregularities, and scarring.
Fractora™ can be used in combination with most other laser treatments, injectables and/or fillers.
Warning: These photos are for reference only and to provide information on the treatment. Results may vary from patient to patient.