The MunkMD Skincare Schedule REVEALED!
- Posted on: Nov 20 2019
One of the key factors in successful skincare is consistency. If you’re a believer that “great skin doesn’t happen by chance, it happens by appointment,” then listen up! We have developed a plan that will help you prevent acne and wrinkles, actively nurture your skin, and plan ahead for long-term health. Your skin will thank you!
Here’s our schedule to keep your skin healthy and beautiful.
Every day in the morning
Your daily routine is the cornerstone of your skin’s health. It’s also a great time to take a moment to yourself and practice mindful self-care. There are five elements to an at-home regimen:
- Cleanser: Wash your face with a gentle cleanser to remove makeup and dirt.
- Toner: A light swipe across your skin will balance the pH of the skin and remove any remaining makeup or dirt.
- Moisturizer: Nourish and soften the skin by applying a (hyaluronic acid) moisturizing cream.
- Anti-oxidant cream: Protect from free radicals with a topical Vitamin C cream.
- Sunscreen: Protects the skin from harmful UV rays. Should be applied to any skin exposed to the sun every morning, 30 minutes before sun exposure, and reapplied every two hours.
Every day before bed
Every day our skin faces the world and protects our organs. This means it needs a good clean before getting into bed at night! Do the above regimen at night too, minus the sunscreen, and with the addition of exfoliation after you cleanse.
- Exfoliator: Every other day, remove dead skin cells by gently exfoliating with a washcloth or scrub.
- Growth Factor Serum: Improve the texture of the skin and work on anti-aging.
Your environment greatly impacts your skin, so take a look around and clean the accessories and tools that touch your skin regularly!
- Change sheets and pillowcases: We spend every night in bed and sheets can accumulate dirt and dead skin cells, so keep those sheets fresh with a weekly laundry day. Children’s stuffies should also be cleaned regularly.
- Clean your phone: Our phones touch so many different surfaces, and then we put them to our face! Be sure to wipe down your phone every few days to keep it clean and germ-free.
- Clean makeup brushes: Keep your makeup brushes clean by washing them every two to three weeks. This reduces the possibility of spreading dirt and extends the life of the brushes. Win- win!
Once you’ve gotten into the habit of a daily skincare routine, step it up a notch and pamper yourself! Consider a professional facial or a laser treatment to contribute to healthy and beautiful looking skin. Once a month is also a good time to do body exfoliation.
- SilkPeel : This gentle treatment removes impurities, exfoliates, and delivers dermaceutical infusions to freshen up the skin.
- Chemical peel : By removing the outermost layer of the skin, chemical peels target problems like acne, pigmentation, and texture irregularities. Peel intensity and depth is customized to suit your needs.
- Lasers : We’re proud to carry a range of the latest laser technologies to address your skin goals. From scar improvement to glowing rejuvenation, we’ve got a laser for it. Pro tip: lasers can be used on the body as well as the face!
- PRP for hair : Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a natural solution to hair loss. By injecting the platelets derived from your own blood into your scalp, we can halt hair loss and encourage regrowth while nourishing the scalp and hair follicles. PRP can also be used as a skin rejuvenating treatment!
Every six months to a year
We love an instant transformation, but some things take time. These treatments need to be spaced apart and maintained over time to see optimal results.
- Injections : Most fillers show instantly, and should be maintained about once a year. Neuromodulators take a little longer to take effect, and need to be maintained about every six months.
- Body contouring : CoolSculpting targets areas of stubborn fat that stick around despite a healthy diet and exercise. Belkyra targets double chin fat. Both provide amazing and long-lasting results!
This schedule covers the basics of skincare and should be used as a guide and not a prescription. Every individual has unique skincare needs, and not all treatments are suitable for all skin types.
For your own personalised skincare plan, visit our team of experts at MunkMD.
Posted in: News