Why you should choose MunkMD Dermatology
- Specializing in both medical and cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Munk is at the forefront of aesthetic medicine, ensuring natural and beautiful results with a focus on patient safety.
- The most current laser technologies available on the market, promising superior results for any given skin concern.
- All treatment plans are individualized and created by Dr. Munk, a board certified dermatologist, who truly understands the dynamics in the skin and can deliver superior solutions that are effective and safe.
- Every consultation includes a comprehensive skin assessment and customized treatment plan tailored to your skin care needs.
- Dr. Munk is an expert at using injectables such as fillers to turn back the clock, tighten and revolumize the skin non-invasively, resulting in a natural and refreshed appearance.
Forma™ & Forma Plus™
Forma™ (for smaller areas) and Forma Plus™ (for larger areas) is a treatment that helps tighten skin on the face, neck, and body. This treatment uses radiofrequency technology which stimulates fibroblasts to produce new collagen and elastin that rejuvenates the skin making it firmer and more youthful. It is ideal for treating areas such as neck, abdomen, knees, under arms, face and other areas that require tightening.
During treatment, a medical laser technician will apply an ultrasound gel to the treatment area and will glide the Forma™ handpiece over the selected areas in small, concentrated passes until a specific temperature is reached and maintained. Radio frequency will deeply penetrate into the skin, heating the collagen to induce remodeling and collagen tightening. Patients can relax, feeling only a warm heat and movement of the treatment head.
There is no downtime to this treatment. After a session, patients may see slight redness in the treated area, which will lessen within a couple of hours. All patients are able to return to their daily activities immediately after treatment. For optimal results, Dr. Munk advises that 6-8 weekly treatment sessions are required.
Forma™ can be used in combination with most other laser treatments, facials, injectables and/or filler.